Wednesday, March 19, 2008

March 19th - Minneapolis

Alright - I know no one else in the band is interested in blogging, so I'm gonna have to give it my best shot. Let's just start with straight news. This afternoon we did a live session for Minnesota Public Radio station "the current". In typical Jicks style we didn't think about which songs to play until the last minute, but ended up choosing "Gardenia" "We Can't Help You" and "Elmo Delmo". The studio was insanely nice - there must be some really generous NPR members in this town - so I think it ended up sounding surprisingly good for those types of situations, which sometimes can be a little rough. Janet was confined to a pretty hilarious isolation drum shower stall. Maybe I'll get some pictures up when I get this blog a little more established.
Soundcheck went pretty well, although we've got some new gear for this tour - Janet's drumkit, a couple of Stephen's pedals and my Roland Fantom X6, which I'm still getting accustomed to, so we won't be completely worry free for this first show, but I think we'll get up to speed pretty fast.
Anyway, Steve Jo and Janet scored tickets to the Timberwolves/Grizzlies game (surprise! - not that hard to get!!) and are at the Target Center Arena right now, so hopefully they're pumped up for the show.

proposed set list:
Dragonfly
Jo Jo's
Hopscotch
R.E.T.
Troubbble
Cold Son
Baby C'Mon
Gardenia
Out of Reaches
Elmo Delmo
Pencil Rot
Water
Wanda

No comments: